Get out your grills, and get ready for barbecue because summer is right around the corner! We can’t wait for summer to start, so we can fully enjoy all the sunshine the Washington D.C. area has to offer.
Decks likes these are so inviting!
A simple stain can make all the difference in how your deck looks and functions
So how do you achieve the perfect combination of style and functionality?
HGTV has great examples of decks as well as some good pointers.
A deck’s worst enemy is the elements of nature:
• Sun and moisture can cause premature rotting.
• Normal wear and tear may also loosen joints and connections, so it’s a good idea to maintain a regular maintenance schedule at least once a year.
• Sweep the deck often, and when it gets very dirty, hose or scrub it down to neutralize the acid from fallen leaves.
• Check for wood rot and damaged boards, and repair or replace them as needed.
• Apply a coat of wood stain or water repellent every 1 to 2 years.
A well-planned maintenance program for your deck is the best insurance policy against repair and replacement costs.
We’ve talked about the importance of preventive maintenance before; so even though this region’s weather allows us to enjoy gorgeous weather, don’t let it take advantage of your beautiful decks and patios! Let us help you take care of your most important investment, your home!
Image courtesy of photostock at FreeDigitalPhotos.net