First and foremost, let’s get one thing straight – there’s no such thing as a ‘best’ paint color for any interior painting project. One thing we’ve learned over the years, it’s that tastes and preferences very massively from one person to the next.
What one person considers to be a truly stunning paint color may be considered quite hideous by someone else. Precisely why we’re never the types to judge – what works for you works for you, it’s as simple as that.
Nevertheless, it’s not uncommon for DIY interior painters to find themselves in a position where they have absolutely no idea what they want. They know they want to spruce up their kitchen, for example, but really don’t have a clue which kinds of colors look good.
Even with something as simple as painting kitchen cabinets, the whole thing can seem like something of a minefield.
Trends Vs Timelessness
Going about our business, we tend to encounter two different types of customers:
- Those that always want to be on trend with the latest fashions
- Those who prefer more timeless styles with greater longevity
Again, there’s absolutely nothing wrong in either instance. If you have the time, money and patience to decorate your interiors on a regular basis, there’s no reason why you can’t keep up to date with everything on-trend.
By contrast, if you want an interior makeover that’s guaranteed to look just as good in 10 years as it does right now, opting for something timeless is the way to go.
When painting kitchen cabinets, this can be a good starting point. Decide whether you want something that’s on-trend as things stand right now, or whether you’d prefer to go with something timeless.
Kitchen Cabinet Colors that Can’t Fail
Publishing a list of on-trend color suggestions isn’t something we’re in the habit of doing. The reason being that if you’re reading this post anything more than a few weeks after it was written, what’s on-trend could have changed completely in the meantime.
Instead, we prefer to focus on timelessness – the kinds of colors and color combinations that simply cannot fail.
With this in mind, here are just a few of the fool-proof colors you could choose for your kitchen cabinets, which are absolutely guaranteed to look fantastic now and in the future:
- Classic white – or some kind of variation of white, which provides a plain and understated backdrop to ensure everything else in your kitchen shines as the star of the show.
- Subtle greys – the right shade of grey can be surprisingly sophisticated, bringing a feel of warmth and elegance to the kitchen as a whole.
- Navy blue – this can be truly fantastic choice for kitchen cabinets when complemented and contrast that with brass fixtures and white countertops.
- Dark greens – rich, vibrant and with a wonderfully natural feel, which can be the perfect complement for wood or wood-effect furniture and fixtures around the room.
Irrespective of personal tastes and preferences, it’s hard not to be satisfied with any of these classic color choices.
Additional Tips When Selecting Kitchen Cabinet Colors
If still unsure, a few additional pointers could help you narrow things down to the perfect colors for your kitchen cabinets and your own personal preferences:
- Always think carefully about the way both natural and artificial lighting could affect the tone and brightness of the colors you choose.
- Think equally carefully about the cabinet hardware you intend to use and how everything else in the vicinity will complement or contrast with your cabinet doors.
- Gloss and matte options are both available for kitchen cabinets, though glossier finishes are far more stain resistant and are much easier to clean.
- Whites and similar neutral shades provide beautiful blank canvas for your kitchen, but will also show stains and scuffs quicker than other colors.
- Darker kitchen cabinets can be elegant, sophisticated and even romantic, but at the same time have a tendency to make a smaller kitchen feel even smaller than it already is.
If in doubt, organizing a free color consultation with the professionals can simplify the whole thing. At Homm CPS, we’re always happy to consult with customers across the region on color selection, helping them choose the perfect paints for all types of interior spaces.
For more information or to arrange your obligation-free consultation, contact a member of the team at Homm CPS today.